Sunday, February 20, 2011

Plzen: The Birth Place of a Drink We All Love... Pilsner

Yesterday was our first trip outside of the city... well at least that wasn't organized by the school!
We decided to take a trip to the Pilsner Urquell Brewery in Plzen, Czech Republic.
Student tickets for the bus and the tour were very affordable... and very much worth every bit.

We got a little confused about which stop on the bus was the correct stop for the brewery tour... so we ended up being able to walk around Plzen for a couple of hours and get a good look at the city. It was pretty small... but very nice.


Walking Around Plzen


The tour was actually REALLY neat. They let us sample the raw ingredients used to brew the beer.... Something I am very glad I did.  We would have had to pay extra to take pictures during the tour or else I would have a lot more.... it was very interesting.

My friends and I were VERY impressed with how clean everything was at the brewery.

Display in the main entrance of the brewery.


Enjoying our FRESH unpasteurized pilsner! :)


We are all very much looking forward to what adventures we have coming for us. So far I have been enjoying myself to the MAX.
My mom said to me this morning on our skype chat after asking if I was still happy here...."It doesn't seem like you could have picked a place more perfect for you!" I think she's right... Prague is the perfect choice for me... I couldn't be any happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment