Friday, January 21, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'

I am really trying to figure this thing out. Blogging has actually never appealed to me very much. A lot of people have requested that I keep a blog while Studying Abroad in Prague, Cz Rep. so here I am... trying to get a good start on one!

I have 10 days left until I am Eastern Europe bound. TEN! I am very anxious... and these days seem to get longer and longer. I just want to be there already!

I only got my visa application approved and mailed back to me (with my passport) on Saturday. That was becoming stressful because I hadn't heard anything about getting approved or not... and I had to give them my passport as well. 

I live on the Canadian border... and haven't been able to go to Canada at all during my Christmas break because the US won't allow me back into the country without my passport. Growing up in a family that has gone to Canada on a regular basis for lunch, dinner, shopping, school field trips, apple-picking, gymnastic lessons... etc. well... needless to say... it's hard to NOT go to Canada! Fortunately though, I have plans to head over the border in a few days! Passport in hand! :)


I am still trying to figure out what to pack for 4 months, and 2 seasons in a place thousaaaands of miles from home. That's an entirely different story though...


5 comments:

  1. You will love it. Take warm clothing. I will still try to come. I will keep you posted. Love you - Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck and we will be looking to read about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!
    Aunt Denise I will try to call you today. love you
    Thanks Carolyn for help.... I hope I'm all set now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariel,
    I am so proud of you! Stay safe and happy.
    I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mom... wanted to let you know Im here... in the airport. getting ready to go to baggage claim.
    Won't let me on FB... and it won't let me show up as online for skype. maybe when i get settled I can figure it out... at least blog spot is working... cause my.sbu isn't either right now. love you!!!
    Hope you check this. <3

    ReplyDelete